5 Best Places to Go for a Summer Cruise with the Family
As the warmer weather arrives, people naturally start to plan their holidays. If you’re thinking about booking a berth on a luxury ocean liner, you might be stuck for ideas when it comes to the final destination. After all, there is plenty on offer with boats sailing to all four corners of the world. As making a decision can be quite tricky, we have compiled a list of the five best places to visit on a summer cruise this year. Hopefully, this will help you plan your itinerary so you get more out of your time off.
- Alaska. As the temperatures rise, cruise ships start plying the routes up north to Alaska. Although it’s still a little chilly there, this is an amazing opportunity to witness some of the most beautiful landscapes on Earth. This is one of the world’s last untouched wildernesses and cruise ship passengers have the chance to witness carving glaciers, towering mountain peaks and an abundance of animals. This includes whales as well, so don’t forget to keep an eye on the water. Also bring along a jacket and some warmer clothes, so you can cope with the colder temperatures while travelling
- The Caribbean. Those seeking warmer climes will find everything that they need amongst the islands of the Caribbean. Not only will you get to enjoy some stupendous tropical landscapes but you can also partake in a number of water events. This destination is also suitable for families as children usually love playing on the sandy stretches the region is world-renowned for. The only issue here is that you’ll have to choose between the many island paradises on offer as ports of call. Whichever you decide upon, the Caribbean will reward you a thousand fold with its amazing seaside locales and activities
- Australia. Even though this country is in the wintertime when Europe and the US are in summer, it still makes for an amazing summer cruise destination. Just make sure that your Australian cruise stays in the northern half of the nation as this is where temperatures are warmest. As long as you visit cities such as Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin and Broome, you’ll stay comfy during your travels. You’ll also be able to experience a smorgasbord of natural, cultural and gastronomic sights and sounds throughout your Aussie adventure. Welcome to the Land Down Under, a nation that’s even warm in winter!
- The USA &Canada.Summertime is a fantastic opportunity to explore mainland North America as well. From Los Angeles and Vancouver in the west to Florida, New York and Nova Scotia in the east, there are certainly plenty of interesting cruise destinations available. All that you’ll need to do is decide where you want to visit, whether you wish to see the theatreson Broadway or the beaches of Southern California. You might even be keen to explore the coast of Canada and its vast, untouched wilderness. Whatever your preferences, this is a continent that can surely cater to your needs no matter what.
- The Mediterranean.Although last in our list of summertime cruise options, we would never say that the Mediterranean is subpar. On the contrary, its sheer diversity makes it stand out from other regions on Earth. Where else can you find cultures so densely packed together? From French beaches to Italian cuisine to Greek ruins, you can witness so much in the single boat ride. You can even stop off on the north coast of Africa if you feel like doing something even more exotic. No matter what you want to do, the Mediterranean will always have a holiday solution for you.
If you are planning to go on cruise this summer make sure you check if your local company offer these destinations.